Deodorizing of livestock barn, food processing factory, the composting facility is required for their business
Deodorizing is one of the important business issues for livestock business.
Complaint to livestock farmers (2012)*
Deodorizing is required in other industries:
- Food-processing facilities;
- Kitchen waste disposal facilities;
- Composting facilities;
- Feed manufacturing.
Porous Alpha enables the low-cost deodorizing solution.
Layered Porous Alpha with microbes, deodorizes the odorous gas when the gas passes through.
Conceptual figure of a deodorizing system with Porous Alpha.
Microbes derived from manure, contained in Porous Alpha, digest gases in the interconnected pores.
Concept image of the deodorizing process.
Diversified & interconnected pores in Porous Alpha is the source of high performance of deodorizing.
Porous Alpha durability & cost are the big advantages when compared to the competing solution based on rock wool.
Porous Alpha for livestock solution compared with deodorizing material rock wool.
Specification and applied conditions for deodorizing by Porous Alpha.
- The moisture of support (Porous Alpha) should be more than 50%;
- In the summer season, Porous Alpha becomes dried. Watering should be more frequent than other seasons. Water for watering should be maintained;
- If there is the risk of frost, measures to prevent it are required;
- The salt concentration of water should be less than 5,000 ppm;
Blower and its power source is required to transfer the odorous gas.
Source of odor should be enclosed so that the blower can suction the gas.
A filter at the end of the pipe for blower should be installed and changed periodically.
The required period of habituation for microbe: About 1 month.
Temperature for the active performance of microbe: 10 – 40 ℃ (There is an experience of working less than 10℃).
Track record of an odorous gas source:
- Pig house compost;
- Poultry house compost;
- Food waste compost;
- Hotel restaurant compost;
Track record of odorous gas:
- Hydrogen sulphide;